We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links. The newsroom and editorial staff were not involved in the creation of this content.
If you’re a man who wants to shed some pounds and look his best, you’ve probably thought about using a fat burner. The best fat burner supplements for men can help accelerate your metabolism, enhance your energy levels, and achieve your weight loss goals quickly.
However, choosing the right fat burner from hundreds of options can be daunting. As a result, we’ve listed seven of the best fat burners for men in 2022, with PhenQ as our top pick for weight loss.
Best Fat Burners for Men
- PhenQ – Best fat burner for men overall
- Instant Knockout – Best fat burner for instant results
- Burn Lab Pro – Best stimulant-free fat burner
- PrimeShred – Best belly fat burner for men
- Clenbuterol – Best fat burner for bodybuilders
- TestRX – Best fat burner for boosting testosterone
- GenFX – Best natural fat burner for men
Here is a detailed look at the best fat burners for men, looking at the formula and evidence behind each product.
1. PhenQ – Best Fat Burner for Men Overall
PhenQ is our top pick for the best weight reduction supplement for men. PhenQ contains a trademarked compound, α-Lacys Reset®, to boost your body’s ability to burn calories, resulting in a faster metabolism.
It has a unique blend of ingredients that can help you gain muscle, lose weight, reduce fat accumulation, and decrease appetite. PhenQ also contains caffeine, which boosts energy levels and alertness and burns fat. As a result, you should be mindful of caffeine intake from other sources.
- PhenQ contains 100% natural ingredients
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- PhenQ works in five different ways to promote weight loss
- Ingredients have little to no side effects
- PhenQ contains caffeine which may affect the sleep cycle
- There have been reports of nausea and insomnia in a small number of patients
PhenQ contains clinically-backed 12 ingredients:
- Calcium Carbonate: A calcium supplement that promotes the development of strong bones .
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine is the active element in coffee. As a stimulant, it increases energy levels and alertness while burning fat .
- L-Carnitine Fumarate: This natural amino acid helps transform stored fat into energy .
- α-Lacy’s reset: A blend of alpha-lipoic acid and L-cysteine that promote energy production and metabolism.
- Nopal Cactus: Also known as prickly pear cactus, it works best at suppressing appetite .
- Magnesium Stearate: Often used as a non-active ingredient in the production of tablets and capsules .
- Capsicum Extract: Derived from cayenne pepper, capsicum can boost metabolism and thermogenesis .
- Sipernat 225: A silicone compound included in many dietary medications and supplements.
- Niacin Powder: Commonly known as vitamin B3, which plays an essential role in energy production and metabolism .
- Piperine Extract: Also known as black pepper extract, it boosts the intake of the other ingredients .
- Chromium Picolinate: A vital mineral that promotes the absorption of sugar into cells and the release of insulin .
PhenQ is ideal for men who have difficulty losing weight with a strict diet and regular exercise. Its trademarked formula, α-Lacys Reset®, increases thermogenesis and metabolism, so you burn more calories.
2. Instant Knockout – Best Fat Burner for Instant Results
Instant Knockout is our favorite fat burner to develop muscle while losing weight and shedding body fat quickly. The reputable brand Roar Ambition manufactures instant Knockout, and it is one of the company’s best-selling products.
Instant Knockout was formulated for MMA fighters and professional boxers who need to burn fat rapidly before a match. The natural ingredients help speed up your metabolism and boost energy levels, so it’s easier to lose weight and gain muscle.
- No artificial ingredients in Instant Knockout
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Ideal for instant results and long-lasting energy
- Endorsed by pro athletes
- High caffeine content may keep you up at night
- Requires intensive exercise and a healthy diet to be effective
Instant Knockout contains the following ingredients with evidence behind them:
- Caffeine: An energy-boosting ingredient that promotes weight loss, muscle strength, and brain function.
- Green Tea Extract: Rich in catechins, which promote the regulation of hormones that increase thermogenesis and aid in the rapid breakdown of fat .
- Black Pepper Extract: Promotes weight loss by suppressing appetite, improving metabolism, and reducing fat intake in your cells.
- Glucomannan: Water-absorbent natural fiber obtained from the root of a konjac plant, which helps you feel full quickly and for longer .
- Vitamins D, B6, and B12: These vitamins are crucial for a healthy, high-energy metabolism. Taking them after a hard workout will help restore the vitamins in your body. They’re also beneficial for improving your mood and clearing your mind.
- L-Theanine: Helps you maintain the increased energy you get from caffeine without a crash.
- Cayenne Pepper: Can help with weight reduction by improving metabolism and providing a wide range of vitamins and minerals.
Instant Knockout can help you lose weight quickly if you struggle with fatigue and lack motivation. It contains natural ingredients to help you stay energized during your workouts, suppress your appetite, and enhance your body’s ability to burn fat.
3. Burn Lab Pro – Best Stimulant-Free Fat Burner
Burn Lab Pro is our top pick for the best stimulant-free fat burner for men. Bodybuilders and MMA fighters use Burn Lab Pro when on a low-calorie diet to reduce fatigue and help them stay focused through their workouts.
Pullulan (fermented tapioca) makes each capsule vegan, easily digestible, and probiotic. Burn Lab Pro has everything you need to burn fat with a precise and efficient recipe, without stimulants. Although it might be challenging to retain muscle mass while losing weight, Burn Lab Pro can give your muscles the energy to push through strenuous workout routines.
- All-natural and stimulant-free formulation
- Ideal for cutting calories without losing muscle bulk
- Full money-back guarantee for 30 days
- Some ingredients may interact with other medications
- The efficacy of some ingredients have mixed reviews
The five natural ingredients that make up the formulation of Burn Lab Pro include:
- Cayenne Pepper Extract: Increases blood flow, digestion, and metabolism by generating heat in the body.
- GTF Chromium: Can increase metabolism by improving the role of insulin in the body, which can help rebuild muscle, suppress appetite, and promote energy production.
- HMB (B-hydroxy B-methylbutyrate): An essential amino acid that aids in r
educing fatigue, enhancing performance, and increasing muscle growth .
- ForsLean (Coleus Forskohlii root): An extract of a tropical plant that enhances lean muscle mass. It also contains enzymes that help the body convert fatty acids to energy .
- Black Pepper Extract: May boost cognitive function, intestinal health, and weight loss, among other health benefits.
Burn Lab Pro simplifies the process of weight loss. A few capsules 15 minutes before your workout can give you the energy to get through it. The caffeine-free formulation means you can drink coffee or energy drinks on gym days without fear of jitters or crashes.
4. PrimeShred – Best Belly Fat Burner for Men
PrimeShred is for men who want to burn stubborn belly fat while building muscle. The thermogenic fat burner employs a triple-threat approach to help you build those ripped, toned abdominals.
First, the plant-based ingredients instruct your body to begin burning fat by activating enzymes that break down fat. Then it increases your metabolism and burns fat faster. Finally, it maximizes your energy level and mental focus.
- Formula targets stubborn belly fat and preserves muscle mass
- 100% money-back guarantee for 100 days
- Boosts energy and improves gym performance
- Contains vitamin B complex, which is ideal for vegans
- Specifically formulated for bodybuilders
- Effective only when combined with intense workouts
- Your stomach may take a while to adjust
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea is famous for its antioxidant effects and has been proven to boost metabolism.
- L-Tyrosine: It enhances focus, mental clarity, and concentration, which is ideal for working out.
- L-Theanine: An amino acid that improves concentration, focus, and metabolism.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root: This extract boosts the activity of enzymes that break down fat .
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine is a stimulant that boosts energy levels, alertness, and concentration.
- Cayenne Pepper: Helps ignite thermogenesis, which raises metabolic rate and increases fat burning.
- DMAE: DMAE can improve mood, memory, and brain activity .
- Green Coffee: Green or unroasted coffee has a high concentration of antioxidants and promotes metabolism and alertness.
- Vitamin B Complex: PrimeShred contains B vitamins, including B3, B6, and B12, to boost metabolism and more.
- Bioperine: A black pepper extract included in many fat burner products to enhance the absorption of other ingredients.
PrimeShred has many benefits, and bodybuilders will find it an excellent addition to their diet and supplement regimens. It’s an ideal supplement for targeting belly fat if you don’t frequent the gym.
5. Clenbutrol – Best Fat Burner for Bodybuilders
CrazyBulk designed Clenbutrol as a pre-workout supplement to take during the cutting or fat-loss phase. It works by converting your body’s stored fat to energy. Clenbutrol helps you lose weight quickly since it increases metabolism and decreases appet
ite. It also boosts the production of dopamine in the body for improved motivation.
Clenbutrol also helps the body’s melatonin and serotonin to have a more positive impact during sleep. As a result, it promotes better sleep and may increase your athletic performance.
- Burns fat through thermogenesis
- Boosts energy and stamina during a workout
- Improves oxygen transport throughout the body
- Maintains lean muscle mass
- Takes about eight weeks for the best results
- Effective only with a suitable workout routine and diet
Clenbuterol contains four natural ingredients:
- Vitamin B3: These vitamins help boost your immune system and speed up your recovery time following a workout or strenuous exercise.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Included in many fat burner supplements to raise the body’s metabolic rate and promote weight loss .
- Bitter Orange Extract: A dietary supplement that decreases cholesterol levels by inhibiting all inflammatory processes and lowering histamine levels. Besides promoting cardiovascular health, it also helps you stay motivated and active .
- Guarana Extract: This caffeine-rich plant extract can increase your energy levels while improving cardiovascular health.
Clenbutrol helps to burn fat by boosting your body’s temperature and maintaining muscle mass. It also promotes proper fat distribution while increasing your metabolic rate.
The vitamins in Clenbutrol can increase your body’s oxygen circulation, resulting in more energy for your exercises and daily activities and less fat accumulation.
6. TestRX – Best Fat Burner for Boosting Testosterone
TestRX is our top pick for fat burning and increasing testosterone production. Testosterone plays a vital role in men’s energy, mood, and building muscle mass. TestRX can improve your overall well-being and strength.
- Packed with natural ingredients for testosterone production and muscle growth
- Full money-back guarantee for 60 days
- Boosts growth hormone production
- May take three months to notice visible results
Below are the ingredients included in the TestRX formula:
- Fenugreek: A well-known dietary supplement that may increase testosterone production .
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA): Helps boost your HGH levels and testosterone production.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is essential for many bodily functions and reactions.
- Zinc: Zinc is an essential element required for a healthy immune system. It also boosts sperm levels and testosterone production.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D positively impacts mood and bone health.
- Vitamin K2: Vitamin K2 helps maintain testosterone levels and inhibits their conversion to estrogen.
- Vitamin B6: B vitamins are critical for energy metabolism.
TestRX is an effective supplement for simultaneously reducing body fat and boosting testosterone levels. It works by increasing testosterone production in your body and promoting protein synthesis, which helps build muscle mass.
TestRX may also improve oxygen flow, physical endurance, and quicker workout recovery.
7. GenFX – Best Natural Fat Burner for Men
GenFX is ideal for people searching for all-natural fat burner supplements. It works by enhancing your human growth hormone (HGH) synthesis. HGH, in turn, increases fat metabolism and muscle growth. GenFX also promotes weight loss, reverses signs of aging, and increases vitality.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Boosts HGH levels
- Safe and effective for losing weight naturally
- Can only be purchased through the official website
- May not be vegan friendly
- L-Pyroglutamate: One of the rare amino acids that affect both the central and peripheral nervous systems and the physiological systems. It enhances cognitive function by increasing the lifespan of neurons .
- L-Arginine: An amino acid that significantly raises hormone levels, particularly in the elderly. It can enhance endurance, promote fat burning, play a vital role in creating lean muscle tissue, and boost the immune system.
- L-Glutamine: One of the essential amino acids for coordinating cell development, cell division, muscle repair, and metabolism when you’re stressed. It can also lower bad cholesterol and blood pressure and improve the immune system.
- L-Glycine: L-Glycine plays a vital role in growth hormone production. Aside from that, it’s calming to the brain, which helps to alleviate stress.
- L-Lysine: This amino acid may improve the efficacy of arginine and boost immunity.
- L-Ornithine: Boosts HGH levels and athletic performance .
- Chinese Ginseng: This herbal supplement has been used in traditional medicine for centuries. It’s known for its potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. In addition, it can aid in regulating blood sugar levels .
- Bovine Pituitary Isolate: Inhibits or reverses the effects of muscle tone loss by stimulating the pituitary glands to produce more HGH .
- Phosphatidylcholine: This lecithin extract acts as an emulsifier that promotes quick and thorough absorption of other ingredients during digestion.
GenFX is an HGH releaser and an excellent choice for anybody searching for a healthy way to shed pounds. It can also help you feel and look younger if you’ve begun to experience the effects of aging on your mind and body.
How Do Fat Burner Supplements Work?
The best fat burners use natural ingredients to help you shed weight and build muscle. They can be most effective when combined with a nutritious diet and regular workout routine.
Fat burners work in different ways. They stimulate metabolism, decrease appetite, boost thermogenesis, and raise energy levels.
Some weight loss supplements do all of these, while others only do one or two. However, all fat-burning pills aim to break down undesirable fat when paired with diet and exercise.
Caffeine is a common ingredient in most fat burners. This stimulant speeds up your metabolism and stimulates your body to burn fat for fuel.
Other regular ingredients in weight-loss supplements include glucomannan and green tea extract. Glucomannan is an appetite suppressant, and green tea extract has thermogenic qualities.
How Did We Choose the Best Fat Burners for Men?
One of the most critical aspects in picking the best fat burner for men is the nature of the ingredients. Even though the FDA does not regulate fat burners, we only recommend supplements with ingredients that have been clinically proven to work.
Another factor to consider is the ease with which you can consume the supplement. A supplement that is easy to use will fit seamlessly into your lifestyle. Our top fat burners are available in tablet or capsule form, and you can easily add them to your diet.
Are Fat Burners for Men Safe?
Yes, fat burners for men should be safe to use. They contain natural ingredients that promote weight loss by increasing metabolism, boosting energy, and improving mental concentration.
There are no artificial ingredients or additives in the top fat burners, so adverse reactions are minimal. However, make sure you follow the recommended dosage.
Supplements made from natural substances have a lower chance of adverse effects. However, minimal side effects are possible. Caffeine jitters, for example, might occur if you are sensitive to the stimulant. Bloating, diarrhea, and stomach upset are other common but moderate side effects.
Underlying medical issues may trigger other adverse reactions like elevated blood pressure. In these instances, you should always consult your doctor before taking any new supplements.
We answer your burning questions on fat burner supplements.
What Is the Best Fat Burner 2022?
We chose PhenQ as our best fat burner pill in 2022. ts all-natural recipe works in different ways to help you lose weight. It suppresses appetite, enhances your mood, inhibits fat absorption, boosts your energy levels, and burns stubborn fat.
Can You Take Fat Burners Without Working Out?
Yes, you can take fat burners on non-workout days, provided they don’t include a lot of stimulants. Taking a fat burner such as Burn Lab Pro can help you recuperate more quickly on days when you don’t work out. The best fat burners contain ingredients that aid muscle repair.
What Are the Best Fat Burners for Men Without Stimulants?
Burn Lab Pro is our top pick for the best stimulant-free fat burner. Some people should avoid stimulants like L-theanine and caffeine, such as those with high blood pressure or other heart conditions. Keep a watch out for green tea extract, another natural source of caffeine.
What Are Top Fat Burning Supplements That Actually Work?
Any fat-burning pills recommended in our guide above can help you achieve your weight loss goals when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, such as PhenQ and Instant Knockout.
We investigated each product for both safety and efficacy. Fat burners can help you lose weight, but only if combined with other lifestyle modifications.
Final Verdict: Best Fat Burners for Men
Stubborn fat may be a roadblock when trying to get in shape. Adding fat-burning supplements to your weight-loss regimen can help you get in shape faster. Fat burners come in various forms, so there’s always a kind that can help you achieve your goals.
PhenQ is the winner of our best fat burner for men roundup due to its effective formula that works in five different ways to promote weight loss and maintain muscle.
- Fritz, Kristina. “Calcium Carbonate.” StatPearls [Internet]., U.S. National Library of Medicine, 6 Jan. 2022, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK562303/.
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research. Caffeine for the Sus
tainment of Mental Task Performance: Formulations for Military Operations. National Academies Press (US), 2001. doi:10.17226/10219
- Jain, Swati, and Som Nath Singh. “Effect of L-Carnitine Supplementation on Nutritional Status and Physical Performance under Calorie Restriction.” Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry: IJCB, vol. 30, no. 2, 2015, pp. 187–193, doi:10.1007/s12291-014-0437-1.
- Lua, Pei Lin, et al. “Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Weight Loss: A Narrative Review.” Journal of Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine, vol. 26, 2021, p. 2515690X211043738, doi:10.1177/2515690X211043738.
- Hobbs, Cheryl A., et al. “Magnesium Stearate, a Widely-Used Food Additive, Exhibits a Lack of in Vitro and in Vivo Genotoxic Potential.” Toxicology Reports, vol. 4, 2017, pp. 554–559, doi:10.1016/j.toxrep.2017.10.003.
- Narang, Nithida, et al. “Current Understanding of Antiobesity Property of Capsaicin.” Pharmacognosy Reviews, vol. 11, no. 21, 2017, pp. 23–26, doi:10.4103/phrev.phrev_48_16.
- Kennedy, David O. “B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review.” Nutrients, vol. 8, no. 2, 2016, p. 68, doi:10.3390/nu8020068.
- Shah, Shreya S, et al. “Effect of Piperine in the Regulation of Obesity-Induced Dyslipidemia in High-Fat Diet Rats.” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, Medknow Publications, May 2011, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3113382/.
- Hua, Yinan, et al. “Molecular Mechanisms of Chromium in Alleviating Insulin Resistance.” The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, vol. 23, no. 4, 2012, pp. 313–319, doi:10.1016/j.jnutbio.2011.11.001.
- Shixian, Q., et al. “Green Tea Extract Thermogenesis-Induced Weight Loss by Epigallocatechin Gallate Inhibition of Catechol-O-Methyltransferase.” Journal of Medicinal Food, vol. 9, no. 4, Winter 2006, pp. 451–458, doi:10.1089/jmf.2006.9.451.
- Zalewski, Bartłomiej Mateusz, and Hania Szajewska. “Effect of Glucomannan Supplementation on Body Weight in Overweight and Obese Children: Protocol of a Randomised Controlled Trial.” BMJ Open, vol. 5, no. 4, 2015, p. e007244, doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-007244.
- Holeček, Milan. “Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate Supplementation and Skeletal Muscle in Healthy and Muscle-Wasting Conditions.” Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle, vol. 8, no. 4, 2017, pp. 529–541, doi:10.1002/jcsm.12208.
- Majeed, Muhammed, et al. “Lesser Investigated Natural Ingredients for the Management of Obesity.” Nutrients, vol. 13, no. 2, 2021, p. 510, doi:10.3390/nu13020510.
- Pomari, Elena, et al. “Effects of Two Different Rhodiola Rosea Extracts on Primary Human Visceral Adipocytes.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), vol. 20, no. 5, 2015, pp. 8409–8428, doi:10.3390/molecules20058409.
- Ferris, S. H., et al. “Senile Dementia: Treatment with Deanol.” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 25, no. 6, 1977, pp. 241–244, doi:10.1111/j.1532-5415.1977.tb00407.x.
- Maia-Landim, Andrea, et al. “Long-Term Effects of Garcinia Cambogia/Glucomannan on Weight Loss in People with Obesity, PLIN4, FTO and Trp64Arg Polymorphisms.” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 18, no. 1, 2018, p. 26, doi:10.1186/s12906-018-2099-7.
- Stohs, Sidney J. “Safety, Efficacy, and Mechanistic Studies Regarding Citrus Aurantium (Bitter Orange) Extract and p-Synephrine.” Phytotherapy Research: PTR, vol. 31, no. 10, 2017, pp. 1463–1474, doi:10.1002/ptr.5879.
- Wankhede, Sachin, et al. “Beneficial Effects of Fenugreek Glycoside Supplementation in Male Subjects during Resistance Training: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study.” Journal of Sport and Health Science, vol. 5, no. 2, 2016, pp. 176–182, doi:10.1016/j.jshs.2014.09.005.
- Qin, Li-Qiang, et al. “Higher Branched-Chain Amino Acid Intake Is Associated with a Lower Prevalence of Being Overweight or Obese in Middle-Aged East Asian and Western Adults.” The Journal of Nutrition, vol. 141, no. 2, 2011, pp. 249–254, doi:10.3945/jn.110.128520.
- Zajac, Adam et al. “Arginine and ornithine supplementation increases growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 serum levels after heavy-resistance exercise in strength-trained athletes.” Journal of strength and conditioning research vol. 24,4 (2010): 1082-90. doi:10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181d321ff
- Chen, Wei, et al. “Review of Ginseng Anti-Diabetic Studies.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland), vol. 24, no. 24, 2019, p. 4501, doi:10.3390/molecules24244501.
- JA;, Kent KD;Bomser. “Bovine Pituitary Extract Provides Remarkable Protection against Oxidative Stress in Human Prostate Epithelial Cells.” In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology. Animal, U.S. National Library of Medicine, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14690452/.