Our 3rd tutorial in the Ambitious Kitchen area Chicago Series is in this article! If you’re just tuning in, WELCOME. Abra and I are scouring the city for the ideal eats and treats all over. So far we place with each other the greatest sandwiches and the most effective salads in Chicago — be sure to abide by @AmbitiousKitchen on Instagram to see our complete guides and movies.
Have any suggestions or sorts of foods we need to investigate? Go away a remark at the finish of this write-up or on our Chicago Sequence Instagram posts.
Now is all about cookies. We explored tons of distinctive bakeries and restaurants to discover the very best cookies in Chicago mainly because actually what’s greater than a freshly baked cookie?! If you take place to are living in Chicago, or are just traveling below for a pair times, be confident to choose one particular of these up!
A couple of of these cookies have been our lengthy-time favorites (you are going to understand sites from our past guides!) and some are brand name new to us. These areas are best for taking out-of-towners or just heading to get your cookie repair.
- Vegan & Gluten Absolutely free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie from Hexe Espresso Co.: 2000 W. Diversey Pkwy
- Confetti Cookie & Iced Molasses Cookie from Sweet Mandy B’s: 1208 W Webster Ave. & 254 E Ontario St.
- Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie from Beatrix: 519 N Clark St. & 834 W Fulton Current market
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Summer Property Santa Monica: 1954 N Halsted St.
- Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookie from Big.Unwanted fat.Cookie: 1030 N Hooker St. (in addition many retail areas!)
- Tahini Cookie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Sugar Moon Bakery: 3612 W Wrightwood Ave.
Hexe Coffee Co.
You possibly realize Hexe from our roundup of the finest sandwiches in Chicago, for the reason that of course, they actually do it all in excess of there. They opened back again in 2019 and have this kind of amazing coffee drinks, food items, cocktails, and of study course, cookies. Not to mention they have a giant patio to delight in as soon as it *ultimately* will get hotter below in Chicago.
- Vegan & Gluten Cost-free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie: I say this a ton with my vegan & gluten free baked products (and it is genuine!) but when I say this astounding cookie does NOT flavor like it is vegan or gluten totally free at all I seriously signify it. It is a person of my Complete favorite cookies in Chicago. Also, it’s tough to get a cookie which is crispy on the exterior and chewy in the center when you’re baking with gluten cost-free substances, but Sizzling damn, did Hexe nail this a person. The flavors are outstanding and every bite has a slight crunch of toasty walnuts with very little puddles of dark chocolate in every chunk. I Adore THIS One particular SO SO Significantly.
Sweet Mandy B’s:
This lovable tiny Lincoln Park bakery has been Abra’s most loved because ahead of she moved to the town. Her college or university good friend made use of to get care deals with Sweet Mandy B’s cookies and Abra turned a ravenous cookie monster every single time (her text, not mine). In addition to awesome, huge cookies they also have delightful cakes, cupcakes, bars, pies and more. You can come across flavors like cookie monster cupcakes, marshmallow aspiration brownies, and the finest oreo cake. You can quickly purchase for select-up or supply for particular occasions, and they’ll customize the cakes!
- Confetti & Iced Molasses Cookies: ok, we couldn’t decide just 1 cookie below. Abra’s #1 favourite is the confetti cookie, which is a sugar cookie rolled in sprinkles. It might audio simple, but the flavor and tender, chewy texture is on level. If you like this one you Need to check out the iced sugar cookie, also — a sugar cookie topped with their well known buttercream frosting. Indulgent and delectable. I also personally Enjoy the iced molasses cookie, which is a smooth gingerbread-sort cookie topped with their white vanilla buttercream. It’s also properly comfortable, deliciously spiced, and reminds me of my gingerbread oatmeal product pies.
Indeed, our beloved Beatrix is again on this listing since not only are their salads, brunch things, and main dishes remarkable, but their baked products are just as outstanding! Each time Abra and I appear here for lunch or brunch we always depart with at the very least 2 cookies every single. Be guaranteed to do the exact each time you hit up their River North, Fulton Industry or Oak Brook places.
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie: we stopped in for lunch a number of months back to get this cookie mainly because it has been our most loved for years. It even encouraged my individual cookie recipe all through cookie 7 days a couple of decades again! When we frequented for lunch they were essentially OUT of this cookie, so we tried the salted caramel as a substitute. Of course, the salted caramel was also delectable, but absolutely nothing beats this remarkable butterscotch oatmeal cookie that has extraordinary crispy edges, sweet butterscotch, and an epic sprinkle of sea salt on top. SO Fantastic. Of course, Tony and I arrived back again a couple of times later on due to the fact we had to showcase it in this manual.
Summertime Property Santa Monica
We’re back in Lincoln Park (or California, who is aware) at Summer time Dwelling to end by the dessert counter at the front of the cafe. I hinted at their baked items in our salad guideline, and now they’re listed here! Summertime Home has everything from gingersnap and M&M cookies to sprinkle cookies and vegan snickerdoodles — all of which can be served with ice cream if you’d like! They also have a well-known brown butter rice krispie handle, and you know my adore for brown butter runs deep. Select up a number of baked treats to consider after a wonderful lunch in their wonderful restaurant!
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie: omgggg, this cookie is quite substantially particularly what it appears like. Just take a excellent soft chocolate chip cookie with hints of brown butter, caramel-like flavor and top it with major chunks of their unbelievable comfortable brown butter rice krispie handle. Damn. The cookie alone tastes like it has brown butter baked ideal into it, far too, so there’s a biiig delightful brown butter explosion in every single chunk and I’m listed here for it. The rice krispie chunks on leading are also soft and chewy as an alternative of overly crispy so the full things is just magical. You need to have this a person!
We have actually found these huge, ooey-gooey cookies all around prior to but had never ever attempted them! Linda Levinson begun her cookie baking endeavor in 2015 after 25 years of planning and production jewellery in Chicago and Rhode Island. Significantly like her jewelry, each and every Large.Fat.Cookie is handmade, shaped, weighed, etcetera. in smaller batches to ensure that each cookie appears to be as excellent as it tastes. They’re every single independently wrapped and come in genuinely one-of-a-type flavors like vanilla bean cookie with oreos, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips & rainbow M&M’s. Whoa. Not to point out, they actually are substantial (around 6 ounces!) We picked up two different types from Foxtrot Market, and you can discover them at your regional Freshii, South Loop Marketplaces, West Loop Markets, Dom’s Market place, Epic Kitchens, and much more. They even ship nationwide and make these types of a terrific present.
- Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookie: we popped into Foxtrot and picked out the triple chocolate espresso cookie and the peanut butter cookie. Per the recommendations on the bundle (and on their web-site) the cookies are greatest when reheated in the oven at 350 degrees F for a few minutes. The insides get deliciously gooey with chocolate though the outsides keep nice and crispy. These cookies are the ultimate indulgence and we liked the enjoyable taste additions. They’re excellent for splitting in half (or even 4 items) and are also freezer-welcoming to delight in whenever the sugar cravings strike.
Sugar Moon Bakery
I experienced been wanting to check out Sugar Moon Bakery at any time because it opened in the slide of 2021. The bakery commenced out as a cake-targeted store, but the proprietor, Dina Cimarusti, rapidly found that there was a even bigger demand for other pastries in the Logan Sq. neighborhood. Even though they’re only open Friday by means of Sunday from 8am till 2pm, and you need to get there early and stand in line as they generally provide out hrs in advance of closing time due to the fact the pastries are that phenomenal (and created in modest batches!) They make all the things from savory galettes with flavors like sweet potato, red onion, feta, egg & za’atar, to outstanding cakes, scones, and of system, cookies. Test out all of their offerings on Instagram. Dina also desires the bakery to be a place for artists to showcase their perform, other bakers to do popups, and to even instruct young ones essential baking & cake decorating expertise in the community. A should-go to spot in Logan Square!
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie: this Tahini Queenie had to attempt out the famed tahini chocolate chip cookie right here. It was a single of the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tried out in my life. 100% value standing in line and I must convey to you that I believe this could just be my complete favored bakery in the metropolis. You Ought to go right here ASAP!