What is the best diet for six pack abs? What kinds of food should you have around the house to get the best results? Other than exercise, the kinds of foods you eat can make the difference between being successful and failing at achieving six pack abs.
The following is a partial list of some of the best foods to keep on hand. Remember, if you only stock up on healthy foods, then you won’t be tempted to snack on all the junk.
- Fresh Veggies and Fruits – Nothing beats fresh produce. Try to buy locally when the growing season is in full swing. The fresher, the better. Of course, in the off season, you will need to buy from the local supermarket shelv
- Lean Meats and Fish – Skinless chicken or turkey is best. Venison is also a great pick. It’s very low fat and has no added hormones. Many fish are also excellent choices. Try to eat fish twice a week or more.
- Healthy Fats – There are actually sources of healthy fats. These include nuts, such as walnuts, pecans and almonds, avocados and coconut milk.
- Eggs – A nutrient rich choice and actually increases good cholesterol.
- Berries – Any kinds will do. They can be added to yogurt, cereals and oatmeal to name a few.
- Brown Rice – High in fiber.
- Dark Chocolate – When I heard that dark chocolate is good for you, I did a dance of joy. It’s one of my favorites and will satisfy your sweet-tooth. Don’t over do it though. Just a few small pieces.